Discourse Media is an innovative digital news media company that provides high-quality investigative reporting about issues that matter to Canadians.
The company is in a rapid growth and development phase and seeks an experienced executive assistant to provide support to the executive team and developmental assistance in securing government and other contributions to enable Discourse Media’s operational growth and stability, and to help underwrite our technology innovation.
This is a permanent, full-time position (Monday-Friday, 37.5 hours/week) with health benefits, located in Vancouver, BC.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the executive assistant will provide high-level administrative and organizational support to our four-person executive team, including:
- Scheduling, meeting support, calendar management, travel arrangements, minute-taking
- Liaising with stakeholders and investors
- Board liaison and support
- Event organization and management
- Support communications with clients, collaborators and partners
- Support the maintenance of company records, including contracts and HR documents
- Assist with contacts database management; track and monitor "info” email
- Support the administration of company HR policies and ensure regulatory policy compliances
- Support of bookkeeping systems, including expense management, invoicing, account reconciliations
- Office management: cleaning, supplies, furniture, electronics, office organization and functions
- Research and proposal writing for government and technology grants/contracts.
YOUR SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent communication, organizational and writing skills
- High proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and CMS software
- Tech savvy — quick to learn new systems
- Ability to balance competing demands, self starter
- Professional conduct when liaising with clients, investors, collaborators and partners
- Experience with proposal writing an asset
- Knowledge of or interest in journalism or new media
- Eligible to work in Canada.
Please send your CV and cover letter of no more than two pages that explains why you are interested in working at Discourse and what you would bring to our team. Email your application to email@example.com by Nov. 30, 2017. In the subject line, please put: “Application: Executive Assistant.”
At Discourse we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive team. We encourage applicants with a range of perspectives, abilities, backgrounds, and experiences.
Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Check out other open positions at Discourse.